<$BlogRSDURL$>
News Feed Temporarily Unavailable

October 03, 2005

Houston Hurricane 

I spent last week in Houston securing hospitals and patients and preparing for the worst after the hurricane. However the hurricane decided to turn east and barely even scratched Houston. So we didn’t get to use our guns on “looterers”. Still it was a long five days of being on our feet and dealing with silly dumb people. The first few nights we slept in the labor ward of the hospital. I thought it was funny as I am sure that room has never had three guys sleeping in it nor has it been filled with so many guns! We worked and slept in weird shifts and basically just worked around each others sleepiness. I don’t think any of use slept more than 5 hours in one go and most of the time it was 3 to 4. Than we worked a good 12-16 hours.
By the time we left Houston I had less than 24 hours to get to Dallas and pack for a two month trip over seas. I was tired and way busy.

When I got to the airport my two check bags were 20 pounds over weight (each!) but I talked my way through. Now I have to re-pack and organize what will stay what will go and what I will be forced to carry on for the journey over the pond. Since I have been in Seattle I have been pretty much sleeping. I use to get yelled at for sleeping so much after a job, I always wondered if it was just the stress of getting yelled at for sleeping that made me sleep more, but it turns out I sleep if I am getting yelled at or not. So I am almost back to normal now and have a lot of work to do before the next leg of the journey.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License